● Only room temperature water coming from the hot water side of the taps/shower:
When the safety function of the gas meter is activated, the gas supply will be temporally turned off.
※ In some apartments, there is a remote controller attached to the wall that controls the water heating. Be sure the controller is ON「入」 to be able to use the hot water.
- In case you used the hot water for a long period of time.
- The gas meter security system may activate due to a tremor from an earthquake, or physical impacts, etc.
Stop the flow of the hot water sine from the faucets and try the procedure to restore the gas supply by following instructions below.
- To check how to read the information on the gas meter, click here
- To check where is the gas meter, click here
The location of the gas meter
The location of the gas meter varies depending on the apartment type, but it's usually installed in the following locations.
Near the balcony or entrance of the building / in an elevated space next to the entrance of the room (in cold areas)
Restoration procedure for the gas.
※If you open the hot water faucet before the restoration procedure is completed, the procedure may fail and you will need to close the faucet and try again.
※If the amount of water that flows through the heater is less than a certain amount, the fire may go out by itself. Be sure to open the faucet enough, for the fire in the heater not go out.
※If there is too much cold water coming out from the faucet, the amount of hot water will decrease and the fire may go out automatically. Please turn off the cold water first, and reopen the hot water again.
※If there is no problem with the gas meter, please try turning off the energy breaker of the room for a while.