- Is the power plug properly connected and not loose?
- Are all switches of the electricity breaker ON?
Click here for more information on the electricity breaker.
- For refrigerators with a cooling setting dial, check if the dial is not set to "off" 「切」.
Return the dial pointer to the middle position on the cooling setting and wait for some hours and check if the refrigerator is cooling again.
- Is there frost formed on the air pipes?
If the air pipes that blows the cold air is blocked by the frost, the refrigerator will not cool properly.
- Is the door being open too often?
If the door is being open too often, the cold air will escape and the refrigerator will need time to cool again. The refrigerator will keep cool if it is not open too often.
※During the summer, just opening the door will cause the temperature inside to rise around 2℃.
- Are the items inside the refrigerator fitting well or the inside being overloaded?
If you put too many items in the refrigerator the cold air may not circulate well inside.
- The refrigerator does not start to cool right after being turned on.
The refrigerator usually takes 2 to 3 hours to adjust and to start blowing air (it may take even longer in the summer). After turning it on, wait for some hours and check it again later.
- Are the items being stored while still hot/warm?
Warm/hot items will not only raise the temperature inside the fridge, but also of the items next to it.
Wait until the items cool down before putting inside the fridge.
- Isn't the ambient temperature too high?
If the temperature around the refrigerator is over 30℃, try to ventilate the room as much as possible.
If the temperature around is below 10℃, the refrigerator may have problems regulating the temperature inside.
Depending on the type of the freezer (maker/model) if the freezer is set for a strong setting 『強（冬期）』 the cold air may stop flowing to the fridge side.
If you are having this kind of problem, check if the setting of the freezing is not set to strong 『強（冬期）』 and change it if it is.
Example of cooling setting switch:
*Set to normal (通常), middle (中) or an average number [ex: 3] to lower the setting of the freezer.
If the cause is not one of the problems mentioned above, it may be a malfunction with the appliance.
Check here for other general problems with the refrigerator.